Cloud automation refers to the implementation of tools and processes in an effort to reduce the manual intervention associated with provisioning, configuring, and managing public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
For small and medium-sized companies, the normal IT model of an on-premises network built and operated with an in-house IT staff is usually fraught with problems. IT teams are stretched to capacity simply keeping the lights on and there are always getting to be issues with systems performance, network reliability, user productivity, data recovery, security and therefore the help desk. Staffing is another constant challenge. And if companies plan to outsource some IT functions, they find themselves with multiple service providers, which creates additional headaches. (Cloud Automation)
The problem is highlighted within the 2018 State of the CIO survey conducted by CIO Magazine, during which CIOs said their role is becoming more digital and innovation-focused, but they don’t have time to deal with those pressing needs because they’re caught up with functional duties. The common business challenges reported within the survey are often symptoms of needs that are misaligned with technologies and repair providers, plus the shortage of budget to deal with the issues. Those challenges typically revolve around:(Cloud Automation)
- security and disaster recovery
- lost productivity thanks to downtime and end-users expecting support
- shadow IT and users not following security training
- escalating or unpredictable costs
- outdated infrastructure
- shortage of talent
- multiple tech providers and systems performing at cross-purposes
Smaller businesses that will have turned to traditional managed service providers quickly discover these services lack seamlessness and end in reactive support challenges. consistent with the Ponemon Institute’s State of Endpoint Security Risk Report, 80% of those reactive issues are often eliminated through standardization and automation.
Moving to a cloud-based IT infrastructure
Cloud-automated IT services can address these challenges and release IT, teams, in order that they can align their strategies with the business. Cloud-automated IT does all this by providing seamless, proactive support, enterprise-level security and compliance, redundant systems, highly available virtual desktops, continuous upgrades, predictable costs and improved user productivity. The cloud-based IT infrastructure is managed by a team of experienced, knowledgeable, highly trained professionals who apply industry best practices.(Cloud Automation)
Aligning the technologies within the IT infrastructure and having experts managing them delivers several key benefits:
- Cost predictability: Not only are ongoing costs for an IT infrastructure that supports the business predictable and straightforward to allow, surprise costs for disasters like outages, ransomware and security breaches are essentially eliminated.
- Reduced Friction and Risk: By standardizing on best-in-class, constantly updated technologies, friction is reduced between equipment, vendors, integration points, and repair providers. This leads to stronger security, performance, and simple use.
- User Satisfaction and Productivity: If you’ve ever muddled through a couple of days of labour on a loaner laptop you understand how important the user experience is to employee satisfaction and productivity. VDI and proactive management deliver a far better computing experience and increased productivity. Instances are often refreshed a bit like you’d with a telephone.
With cloud-automated IT, the whole IT infrastructure moves to the cloud in a well-planned, efficient manner. The service provider helps create a customized upgrade plan that supported the precise needs of the organization, does a checkup on existing applications, makes sure everything is configured properly and updates applications to the newest releases. And cloud-automated IT goes far beyond simply lifting and shifting existing systems to the cloud. it’s a holistic approach that aligns cutting-edge technologies and fully managed services to supply smaller companies enterprise-grade IT which will make a big impact on the safety and effectiveness of the business.(Cloud Automation)